Punta Gorda, FL – April 30, 2021
Early Thursday morning the Charlotte County Sheriff’s Office Narcotics unit, along with assistance from other members conducted a search warrant at 444 Charlotte Street in Punta Gorda, FL. The occupants of the home were brought outside where Frank Vantuyl was found to be in possession of a handgun, over $1,000 in cash and cocaine.
Once it was deemed safe to enter the residence, members thoroughly searched the home where they located multiple gun safes. Inside the largest safe, deputies located several weapons including an AR 15. Also inside the safe was 10.3 grams of a Cocaine and Fentanyl mixture, 29.3 grams of Cocaine, 8 yellow pills which tested positive for Heroin, and over $5,800 in cash.
Inside one of the smaller safes which was located inside a bedroom closet, was 12.4 grams of Marijuana and a loaded handgun.
Frank Van Tuyl was arrested on the following and transported to the Charlotte County Jail:
- Trafficking in fentanyl
- Heroin – possess with intent to sell
- Marijuana- Possess not more than 20 grams,
- Neglect child without great bodily harm and
- Possession or use of weapon; aggravated battery; felony reclassification.
- Possession of a controlled substance without prescription
- Possession of drug paraphernalia
- Trafficking in cocaine
Anonymous tips about dealers or drug use in your area can be submitted online by visiting www.ccso.org or through our mobile app or our website.
Leave a Reply