Englewood, FL – April 13, 2022
A community alert was sent out via our CCSO mobile app when deputies responded to a home in the 11000 block of Waterford Avenue around 9:30 this morning after reports of an alleged stabbing. Once on scene, deputies located an adult male victim with a stab wound to the neck. The victim was transported to a local hospital with non-life-threatening injuries. This incident was domestic in nature, with no threat to the public.
After evaluating the circumstances and interviewing all parties involved, it is determined to be a mental health related incident and the stabbing was accidental. The Integrated Response for Intervention and Support (IRIS) team responded on scene and one individual was placed into protective custody. No charges have been filed.
The Charlotte County Sheriff’s Office mobile app is available for download at no cost in the iPhone and Google Play (Android) app stores.
The app offers quick access to items of public interest and is easy to use. In just a few clicks, users can:
- Submit a crime tip
- Browse recent arrests
- Receive push notifications about active scenes and traffic issues
- View the most wanted criminals in Charlotte County
- Connect to the agency’s social media platforms
- Read the latest news and find out about upcoming events
- Find a complete list of sex offenders who live nearby
- Access career opportunities
- Direct dial select departments within the agency