Starting Monday, May 17, 2021 the Charlotte County Sheriff’s Office will once again resume fingerprinting services.
The Charlotte County Sheriff’s Office will resume limited fingerprint services electronically through Live Scan only. This fingerprint service will be offered Monday through Friday during the limited time frames listed below. This will be by appointment only, no walk-ins will be accepted at this time.
Charlotte County Sheriff’s Office General Order 3.06 indicates that Live Scan prints will only be completed for name changes, concealed weapon permits and licensed security guard purposes.
Please call ahead to schedule an appointment Monday through Friday between 9:00am-11:45am at one of the below locations:
Englewood District 1 Office
11051 Wilmington Boulevard
Englewood, Florida 34224
District 3 Office
3110 Loveland Blvd.
Port Charlotte, Florida 33980
William H. Reilly Administration Building (this location has a mandatory mask mandate due to being airport property)
7474 Utilities Road
Punta Gorda, Florida 33982
Instructions upon arrival to the office for fingerprinting:
- Check in with the Clerk/Employee and then wait outside of the lobby until called, if social distancing cannot be adhered to. To limit the number of seating only the person being fingerprinted should be inside. Individuals/couples exceeding the number of designated seating areas must wait outside. For the safety of the Clerk/Employee and Public, the Clerk/Employee will wear face masks.
- Show the District clerk your government issued ID and any fingerprint documents (instructions or information provided from the entity requiring the prints)
- Pay the required fee (Cash Only) which is $5.00 (not including any FDLE or Department of Agriculture fees online). We kindly ask that the subject getting fingerprinted bring exact change or no bill larger than a $20, due to the limited amount of cash on hand in the districts.
- Before printing you are required to either wash or sanitize your hands.
- The Clerk/Employee will wipe down the Live Scan unit with a cleaner that has been approved by the vendor before and after each use. The Clerk/Employee will wear a face covering and disposable gloves (PPE suit is optional)
- The Clerk/Employee will instruct you on how to roll your prints onto the Live Scan unit.
- The Clerk/Employee will scan and submit your fingerprints via Live Scan or print you an approved FBI fingerprint card.
- Obtain an informational packet from the Clerk/Employee for payment to FDLE for Live Scan prints.
- Once complete you will have 30 days to complete the fingerprint transaction.
- Go to https://caps.fdle.state.fl.us and follow the on screen instruction, once online fees are paid, your fingerprints will be released for submission.
- CCSO submits your fingerprints, however, you will be responsible to cover the processing fees set forth by FDLE and the FBI. Payments will be made by credit card only on the website https://caps.fdle.state.fl.us
- The Clerk/Employee will provide you with the documents you will need to complete this process.
- Your fingerprints will be submitted to FDLE for the state and national criminal records check and will be processed within 24-72 hours from time of receipt.
- If your fingerprints are rejected for quality, you will be required to resubmit a second set at no additional cost. However, you will be required to bring the rejection letter for re-submission.
- If you have any questions or need any assistance related to electronic fingerprint submissions, please contact FDLE Criminal History Services at 850-410-8161 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org .