From the desk of Sheriff Bill Prummell-
Charlotte County is one of the safest counties in the state, and I think it’s important to recognize the efforts being made by our Crime Prevention Unit to keep it that way.
With October being National Crime Prevention Month, there is no better time to place a spotlight on our Crime Prevention Office in the Port Charlotte Town Center Mall located at 1441 Tamiami Trail. This office is designed to be easily accessible to meet the needs of the community. It is a hub of information, detailing the various programs and services offered by the Charlotte County Sheriff’s Office.
Some of those resources the Crime Prevention Office provides are:
- Neighborhood Watch supplies; and information on starting a new branch
- Construction site signage to prevent theft and trespassing
- Fraud and scams brochures
- Information to include in presentation to community groups and organizations (or you can schedule a presentation by our Crime Prevention Unit for your organization)
- Identify theft recovery information
- No-cost bicycle helmets
- Security surveys for your home or business
- Bicycle Anti-Theft (BAT) registration – also for kayaks and golf carts
- Combat Auto Theft (CAT) – also for boat trailers
- Information on how your business can join our monthly Crime Prevention email list, highlighting trends and other important information from CCSO
The Crime Prevention Unit is a dedicated branch of the Charlotte County Sheriff’s Office who work hard to protect our community. This October, I hope you will join me in acknowledging that ongoing effort. And I would be remiss if I didn’t add – please, Lock Your Doors!
Stay safe, stay strong.