On the morning of Tuesday August 9th, 2022, the Charlotte County Sheriff’s Office Narcotics Unit, with the assistance of the Charlotte County Sheriff’s Office SWAT team and the Collier County Sheriff’s Office SWAT team executed a search warrant at 18012 Ohara Drive, Port Charlotte, Charlotte County Florida.
As deputies were approaching the residence, they made contact with John Alton Knight, Jr. (4/9/1966) and gave verbal commands to put his hands up. Knight ignored the commands and fled into the residence. When units made entry, John was found next to the sink in the kitchen area, where he was calling out to a female in the home, identified as Rebecca Mary Knight (10/17/1982). John was resistant and continued to ignore the commands of the deputies. At this time, both John and Rebecca were taken into custody.
During the search, deputies located the following throughout the home:
- Approximately 6 pounds of Methamphetamine
- 58.4 grams of Fentanyl, 53.2 grams of Oxycodone
- 27.41 pounds of Synthetic Cannabinoids
- Tramadol, Suboxone, and copious amounts of used drug paraphernalia.
- 447 suspected fentanyl pressed pills
Thanks to the hard work of my Narcotics Unit and SWAT team, with the assistance of the Collier County SWAT team, a large amount of poison is off our streets, which means more lives saved. We will continue to shut these drug houses down, one by one, until the message is heard: We do not tolerate this stuff in Charlotte County.Sheriff Prummell
Following the search, Rebecca was placed under arrest on charges of Trafficking and Drug Paraphernalia. John’s charges are as follows:
- Trafficking in Amphetamine more than 200g
- Trafficking in Fentanyl more than 28 grams less than 30kg
- Trafficking in Oxycodone more than 25 grams less than 100g
- Trafficking in Synthetic Cannabinoid more than 1000g but less than 30Kg
- Controlled Substance possession (Tramadol)
- Controlled Substance possession (Suboxone)
- Drug Paraphernalia possession or use of
- Tampering with evidence
- Resisting an officer without violence
He was additionally charged with Fleeing to Elude from Punta Gorda Police as well as Possession of a Firearm by a Felon from a previous incident.
Both are being held at the Charlotte County Jail.